History of the property known as La Giraudière
It was in 1996 when one of the present owners stumbled upon this property and he immediately fell in love with it. Thus a sale was completed in 1997 whereby the previous French family, who had moved to Paris, sold to the present owners. The family Giraud was the name of the original owners hence the name of the property.
History of property goes back to 1800
From what is known about the previous owners is that the principal owner was Monsieur GIRAUD and his name was Paul he is buried in the local grave yard in Brossac and plaques upon the grave give an indication that the family have been in Brossad since 1800,s minimum check our the grave its the first on the left when you enter the grave yard.

In 2007 the property became a place of learning, or culture exchange, whereby guests would arrive from all points of the globe on the basis of either as a volunteer or as an intern. The difference being an intern would arrive to learn and maybe help whereas volunteers arrived to principally help and would also acquire some new skills apart from improving their level of French language, or English.
Property changes from doctors house to international culture house
An association was formed and registered with the authorities in 2013. The principle goal of the association was to atract either volunteers or interns from around the globe to come and participate in the projects that were created by the association and the candidates. These projects could be events like a traditional gaelic music evening, evening darts and cards or a taste of China.
The associaition also held events such as Brocantes or Christmas markets all of which attracted candidates from around the globe. These events would present an ideal opportunity for the candidates to meet with local French speakers and try out their language skils. The association would deal with the reservations and allocation of accommodation etc.
